This page explains how we collect and use information, and how we protect your privacy. You may also want to view our Privacy Notice for Patients.
This policy only applies to services provided by Belle Vue Dental Practice. If you follow a link to an external website, please read the privacy notice for that site.
What information do we collect
We collect and process the following data: –
- Your email address if you subscribe to receive news updates by email from our blog.
- Information you provide when you submit or post content to the site or when you contact us (including when you make an enquiry about our services).
- Non-personally identifiable information collected by Google Analytics to help analyse how visitors use the site (see Cookies below).
- The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. This information is retained for 60 days. This data is completely anonymised, and does not include personal information such as name or email address.
By providing us with your personal data, you consent to our processing (using and storing) your personal data for the purposes set out below.
How we use your personal information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways: –
- To reply to enquiries you have made about our services and to respond to requests for further information.
- To contact you by email with information about news related to our services.
- To investigate and reply to any complaint made.
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services we offer.
We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise share your information with any other party, unless required to do so for law enforcement purposes.
This means that if you opt in to receive information from Belle Vue Dental Practice you will only ever receive information from our practice i.e. we will never spam you with unrelated offers or third party promotions.
We will only keep your data for the purpose it was collected for and only for as long as is necessary. After which it will be deleted (you many request the deletion of your data held by Belle Vue Dental Practice at any time).
Subscribe by Email
You may have opted in to receive updates by email. These are generated when news items (blog posts) are added to our site. Your email address is held securely within the website and the emails are sent from the site using secure, in built functionality. Subscriber emails always include an unsubscribe link which will automatically remove a subscriber’s details from our list.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
When you first use our site a cookie notice will require you to acknowledge that you understand that cookies are used on the site.
For more detail on how to manage cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we protect your personal data
We are strongly committed to data security and privacy and we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security, proportionate to risk.
This website is maintained by Digital Nomads Limited and hosted on secure, UK based servers.
The website is configured with additional security features. These seek to block attempted attacks and make various configuration changes to mitigate against vulnerabilities. Software components are monitored and frequently updated as new versions are released.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
- The right to access personal data we hold on you.
- The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you.
- The right to have your personal data erased.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes only.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information or advice on your rights please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
You can contact Ilkley Dental Practice in the following ways: –
Via the contact form on our website
By email to our Practice Manager, Kath Crowther, email@example.com
By post to Ilkley Dental Care, 39 Leeds Road, Ilkley, LS29 8DP.
By ringing 01756 793 558
Last updated: 14 February, 2022